Since I was a small child I have always been interested in art, but my personal interest in sculpture did in fact arise when I was staying at home with my children during their growth period. In sculpture the various forms and working with clay fascinated me greatly and my passion to develop in creating with this material was so strong that I in 1984 decided to try my wings and joined the Sculpture Group of Veikko Myller, which group I have been a member of with exception for a short period during the years 1989-1992 when designer Veijo Ulmanen was my teacher. In my current style you can notice simplification in shaping bus also at the same time a clear realistic tendency. As developing my style further interests me I still am a member of this Master course, with sculptor Ville Mäkikoskela as our teacher since 2016.
In my works I have examined different aspects of the life of a woman under different time periods.Many of my sculptures describe those changes in a woman´s clothing which have taken place under the last centuries, from headgears and gowns to an release from them. I also have described artist fates in various arts in my works, which has touched me deeply
One of the themes in my works is the amidrable feeling of an unity which has been acchieved by an intimate co-operation and fluency of the movement especially by the dancing pairs in different dance arts.Moreover I also am interested in seeing very scilled circus artists , which talents I have tried to catch up in some of my works.
I wanted to have more dramatic in my works, wherefore some of them have got a black patina, instead of the green one, which earlier was my favorite. However, in some works I have decided for the green patina to accentuate the lightness of the artwork. In my latest works I have tried with the combination of dark patina and silver, which I believe gives the contrast needed for the artwork.
– Ulla Haga –
Exhibition in Gallery Dix 10. – 29.3.2012
Trevisan International Art Exhibition ”Liberated Dreams”
Ferrara / Italy 21. – 29.4.2012
Estense Castle Museum
Trevisan International Art Exhibition ”Passages Pasajes”
Madrid/Spain 15.10. – 30.10.2013
Sala Prado, Ateneo de Madrid
16 invited artists from 13 different countries, of whom 2 sculptors
Trevisan International Art Exhibition ”Little Treasures”
Bologna/Italy 12. – 24.4.2014
Gallery de Marchi
Art Exhibition in Gallery Dix
15.8. – 3.9.2015
Group Exhibition ”Muodon harjalla”
Trevisan International Art- exhibition ”Unique Realities”
Sala Prado, Ateneo de Madrid
Trevisan International Art – exhibition ”Little Treasures”
Bologna/Italy April 2018
Galleria de Marchi
Summer Exhibition Terttu Jurvakainen
Exhibition Galleria Fogga
b. 1945 Juva
Studies and positions
- 1965-1966 Studies in English- and German Languages.
- 1967-1968 HSO-Secretary.
- 1969-1995 Assistant to Managing Directors, Agfa-Gevaert Oy Ab, Oy Ronald Rinne Ab.
- 1995-2008 Own Agency Company, Ky Hagagent Kb.
- 1984-1989 Sculpture Group at Workers Institute in Espoo, Elementary- and continuation course. Teacher: Veikko Myller.
- 1989-1992 Sculpture Group at Workers Institute in Espoo, continuation course. Teacher: Veijo Ulmanen.
- 1992-2005 Sculpture Group at Workers Institute in Espoo, continuation course. Teacher: Veikko Myller.
- 2005-2016 Sculpture Group at Helsinki Artist Association, master course. Teacher: Veikko Myller.
- 2016-> Sculpture group at Helsinki Artist Association, master course. Teacher: Ville Mäkikoskela.
- 2004 Workers Institute of Espoo, Espoo Annual jury chosen exhibition of Sculpture Group at Workers Institute in Espoo.
- 1987 Gallery Otso,Espoo. Jubilee Exhibition of Sculpture Group at Workers Institute in Espoo.
- 1991 EKT-Gallery, Espoo. Exhibition of Sculpture Group at Workers Institute in Espoo.
- 2005 Gallery ArtDiana, Helsinki – own exhibition
- 2009 Gallery Dix – own exhibition
- 2009 ArtHelsinki Gallery Exhibition – one of the Gallery Dix´artists
- 2012 Exhibition in Gallery Dix
- 2012 International Art Exhibition ”Liberated Dreams” in Ferrara/Italy
- 2013 Trevisan International Art Exhibition ”Passages Pasajes” in Madrid/Spain
- 2014 Trevisan International Art Exhibition ”Little Treasures” in Bologna/Italy
- 2015 Exhibition in Gallery Dix
- 2017 Group Exhibition ”Muodon harjalla” in Tammisaari
- 2017 Trevisan International Art – exhibition ”Unique Realities” Madrid/Spain
- 2018 Trevisan International Art – exhibition ”Little Treasures” Bologna/Italy
- 2018 Sm´Art fair Aix-en-Provence/France
- 2019 Summer exhibition Terttu Jurvakainen Muhos
- 2021 Exhibition Galleria Fogga
- 2005 Finnish Television TV1 – Elected Artist of the Week. Interview in “Lauantaivekkari”-program.
- 2017 Palm Art Award 2017 Wiciarticon-price
- 2019 Palm Art Award 2019 Merit Award 2019